Everything was moving along so smoothly with our house sale and our house purchase.
Until last week.
We had originally planned on closing on both and sale and purchase on June 16th. We had started to pack our life away into tubs and had started putting less-used furniture into a large enclosed trailer in our driveway.
And then we got a phone call about about the possibility that the closing date was actually July 1st. With further investigation, that seemed to be the closing date on several pieces of paperwork making this whole process work out.
In the meantime, we were notified of several loose ends that needed to be tied up to make sure that things could progress as they needed to.
Somewhere along the line, someone neglected to order an appraisal of our current home. There were a few issues on the title work of our house that needed to be cleaned up. Our buyers needed to make some repairs to their current home and their appraiser needed to come back out and inspect their work.
That's a quarter between those three softball-sized pieces of hail.
On May 27th, in the midst of our preparation to close, we had a huge hail storm that tore up our current property.
We need four new roofs...the house, the detached garage, and both of our big barns. We need some new shutters, new fascia, and new gutters.
So really, the delay that I was frustrated about to start with has been kind of helpful. We are waiting on the official report from the adjuster and then we will get to work making these repairs.
So June 30th, it is.
Two. More. Weeks.